September 12, 2011

Wake Up Sleep Head, Time For School

So you stayed up late last night, got less than 4 hours of sleep, now you have to be in class in 20 and you look like a zombie. This is every student’s nightmare, right? It doesn’t have to be. Getting enough rest is a huge beauty must, but there are little tips and tricks to beat the bags this school year when eight hours just isn’t an option.
  1. Night Time Eye Cream- This is important before you make it to bed at night to reduce puffiness in the morning. Products with AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) will reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines in the morning. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream is a wonderful option because it’s super moisturizing for your eyes. ($11.99)
  2. Cold Spoons- Yes, I said spoons. One of my favorite tricks is a couple of cold spoons right out of the freezer. At night, I pop in two spoons on a shelf in my freezer. Then in the morning for a very quick wake up call, I put them right on my eyes to decrease puffiness around my eyes. It’s great right after I cleanse and moisturize my face!
  3. Daytime Eye Cream/Gel- Gels are amazing for your eyes during the day because they tighten and cool around the eye area. They sooth and soften to give a better canvas for any concealers to apply on. My favorite is the Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel. It is great for depuffing and softening before you put on your makeup for the day! Remember to ALWAYS use your softest finger — your ring finger to pat in any creams, gels, or concealers!!!
  4. Concealer/Brightener - This is the best way to cover up any discoloration and dark circles after you’ve taken care of the puffiness! I especially love ones that brighten too. My favorite liquid pen click brightener is the super inexpensive Milani HD Advanced Concealer Eye & Face that leaves a natural and weightless finish!
  5. Inner Corner Highlight Eyeshadows - Once your finished with your eye look, add a bright champagne shadow with your finger or a brush to your inner corner to complete your look.
  6. Eye Roller - As a pick me up during the day, I always keep an eye roller in my purse or makeup bag to brighten up my undereyes during the day. My favorite is the Garnier Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller with caffeine to wake up your eyes instantly and stimulate circulation to reduce puffiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment