September 12, 2011

Incredible Exfoliators

blesshisheart asked beautyforum: i have combination skin, but its more oily than dry, so everyone says exfoliation will help, but i know NOTHING about skin cleanser stuff, besides my like acne face wash stuff, but anyways, i am on the search for a good exfoliator and need suggestions, got anything for me?

Hello love, I have a few wonderful options. Exfoliating is one of my favorite things and it’s really a crucial part of my skin care routine. I have really oily skin, so without exfoliating I’m much more prone to break outs. Because you’re not super familiar with exfoliating, I am going to provide you with a few links to a few short youtube videos that will give you all the details.
DermTV: What is Exfoliating?
DermTV: How Often You Should Exfoliate

DermTV: The Difference Between Chemical and Physical Exfoliants


I am going to provide three physical exfoliants and one chemical exfoliant. All four of these are wonderful and I’ve used/use them. All three of these leave my skin super smooth and wonderful by removing dead skin cells.

  • Clean & Clear Morning Burst Detoxifying Facial Scrub- This a great scrub/cleanser combo that has amazing microbeads that is inexpensive and makes my skin feel squeaky clean!
  • St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub- This was my first exfoliator/scrub and is still a fan favorite! It’s natural and keeps my skin clear. I love that it gives amazing redness relief because of the really great properties of green tea.
  • Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse Off Formula- This is my current favorite and it’s great for all skin types. I love that it is so creamy, but still does an amazing job exfoliating. It gets rid of all flakiness and dead skin, leaving my skin so smooth. This is the priciest, but it will last me forever. A pea sized amount goes a long way!
  • Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream- If you’ve watched my youtube channel, you know that this is my absolute favorite exfoliant. It’s like nothing I’ve ever used because it’s a chemical exfoliant. (Watch the video above to learn the difference.) I found this via LaFemme5278 and her in depth review! I used this at night after cleansing and toning because it’s a little bit too heavy. In the morning, my skin is absolutely smooth and wonderful. My skin’s texture has improved dramatically and the AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) has done wonders for my face (including keeping breakouts at bay!) at only $8, this huge tub is a must have!
I hope I gave you lots of options and that you find the one that’s perfect for you!!
SWAK - Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment