August 7, 2011

Cream Shadows Play Well With Others

Anonymous asked:
Can you mix cream shadow and regular shadow?? (i.e cream base and a color over?) Will it work? 

In short, absolutely!! We’ve talked in the past about using MAC Paint Pots as a base, but I assume you’re talking about more traditional cream shadows. I love mixing cream shadows and regular shadows to create eye looks.
Here’s a cream shadow/regular shadow look that I’ve worn a LOT recently:

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow  in Sippin’ n Dippin’ - I apply this to my lid all over. These are AMAZING. I love the Benefit Creaseless cream shadows so much that I have four of them!

Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow in Buckle Bunny- I sweep this into my crease with a crease brush.
So this is that look put together. It’s a little hard to see here, sorry. You can see the pop of peach layered with that gorgeous taupe-y shade. My point here is that you can ALWAYS layer your regular eyeshadows over cream shadows!


Try playing with contrasting colors, or even using dark cream shadows as liners!

Stay beautiful,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment