August 1, 2011

Don't Sweat It- Sorority Rush Makeup Help for Hot Weather!

andreasanders asked beautyforum:
I'm going through recruitment for a sorority in less than one week.

However the temperatures are going to be above 100 degrees F and we have to walk a lot to get from house to house.

What are some tips to make your makeup sweat proof? How can I make sure it stays on throughout the heat? 

GREAT question! I'm also rushing later this fall (my college starts a little later and rush won't be until September, and I'm a transfer student, blahblahblah) but I'm so excited for you! I completely understand your concerns about the heat though! I'm going to break this up by section to make it easier to help you out!
FACE:
The best way to beat the heat and keep your makeup in place is to form an amazing base. We're talking PRIMERS.
Primers don't have to be expensive, and are a great way to keep your makeup from budging, smudging and looking messy.
Here are our two favorite primers for under your foundation:

Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer- This is a great primer in that it just works. I've been using this in the humid Charlotte weather and my foundation has not budged!

Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer- Another great primer, this is Danielle's favorite and is said to be even better than the much more expensive Smasbox primer!
I'd also recommend keeping your foundation light in general. Primers are great, but they aren't MAGIC. If you wear a ton of foundation it will probably melt a little. Try switching to a tinted moisturizer for the week! Light and natural is best.
EYES:
Again, prime, prime, prime! A primer/shadow combo would be great for rush because it combines products and is easy to touch up! I love the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows, I have 4 of them.

We previously did a whole post on eyeshadow primers, so I'm actually going to link back to this!
Other tips for keeping your eye makeup in place:
  • ONLY wear eyeshadow/liner on the TOP lashline/lid. Makeup tends to drift and move a lot more on the bottom lashline. ESPECIALLY if you're thinking about liner.
  • Wear waterproof mascara if you're really concerned about sweat.
CHEEKS:
Blush is tricky in heat! If you're fair-skinned like I am, you might considering skipping it. I turn bright red in the heat and don't need any help with color. If you're lucky enough to not have that issue, then just AVOID cream blushes, which drift in the heat.
Gel/Tint blushes are a great option because they stain your cheeks and therefore can't really "melt." The Benefit line has a great range of colors that flatter EVERY complexion and go with every makeup look.

Benefit Posie Tint
LIPS:
You probably will want to keep it natural for rush anyway, but I'd recommend sticking to things that you won't constantly have to check on. Lipstick is a little too high maintenance for rush and for heat, so I'm thinking that a stain (again) is a better option. That, or a tinted balm. Tinted balms are great because you look like you're wearing just the tiniest hint of color without looking like you're trying too hard. Gloss can be sticky and uncomfortable in heat, so I prefer these two options in hot weather:

Stila Lip and Cheek Stains- My mom just bought one of these and it's a gorgeous stain. I love stains, and these have a glossy finish.

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose- One of my all-time favorite products. Gorgeous and not nearly as red as it looks. Just a gorgeous tint. It also comes in a few lighter shades, but like I said, this doesn't wear quite so red.

I really hope this helps! Let me know how rush goes! I'm really looking forward to mine in a month or so!
Stay beautiful,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment