July 27, 2011

Lipspiration

allthekidstheydance asked: I don’t wear any makeup besides eyeliner and mascara, but I kinda wanna change it up and do something dramatic with my lips. Any suggestions on how to find the perfect lip shade?

Branching out with lip color can be so much fun! I love Emma Stone’s lip choices lately. She’s done some AMAZING things, all over the color spectrum from nude to bright neon pink to classic red.

All photos are from Beautylish’s Why We Love Emma Stone Article
So to help you out, I’m going to link you back to a few Beauty Forum posts to help you out first:
Everyday Lipsticks- This post is great and will give you some nice pink, coral and nude options. Nothing quite as bright as Miss Stones lips in the middle two photos, but that’s not for everyone anyway.
Watermelon Pink Lips- If you’re looking for a bright lip, this is the post to click!
Finding Your Perfect Red Lipstick- Love that last look? This will help you get there. Red lips NEVER go out of style and look great on everyone.
Now for my personal suggestions for you. If you’re looking to start experimenting with lip color, I suggest trying pigmented glosses. They’re not as tricky as lipstick, but they’re just as fun.

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss- I love these. I just bought my first Smashbox gloss after Jayme from Her Late Night Cravings raved about them. I bought Tease, which is the perfect hot pink meets berry shade and I’m still obsessed with it! These glosses are not sticky or tacky and they wear so well! I (Hannah) am not a gloss girl, but I’m absolutely in love with these. They even fade to a softer, matte version of the color, if that makes sense. The best gloss I’ve ever owned, and they have SUPER unique shades. I’ll definitely be buying more!
Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss- These are my (Danielle) addiction. I love these. I have 10 out of the 15 colors and have not been disappointed yet! They have a variety of gorgeous shades ranging from opaque to sheer in nudes, pinks, reds, and browns. They’re really moisturizing and aren’t sticky at all. They’re really shiny and they will definitely amp up your lips!

Lastly, there’s an in-between product. We’ve talked about this non-stop, so this should be no surprise. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cremes are an absolute favorite of ours!
The color range is amazing, and you have tons of options. They’re mostly nudes with a few reds and a pink, but they’re AMAZING. They’re not quite a lipstick, but not a lipgloss either. It’s an amazing product, and at the low price it’s worth a try!
Here’s our last post about the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cremes. We both have talk about them in videos as well.

Hope this helped you and gave you some wonderful lip inspiration!!

Love,
Hannah and Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment