July 24, 2011

Foundation Help

thewaspsnest asked beautyforum: I need pick your brain on foundations: do you use full coverage and or foundations with mattifying properties? I currently use Bare Minerals Matte and previously Estee Lauder Double Wear. I’ve been reading on Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Full Coverage and MUFE Mat Velvet+ and was wondering whether y’all ha tried them and what you thought. I’ve tried all drugstore foundations and really like Revlon’s Colorstay’s formula but cannot find a good color match. 

Hey hun, we’d be happy to help and talk about foundations! I (Danielle) have oily skin, so I do prefer foundations with mattifying properties and are full coverage because I do want any and all redness covered, but also that keeps my face from getting shiny all. But right now because it is so hot out, full coverage takes a back seat to being light weight. I can’t handle anything overly heavy on my skin. My current (and most reached for) foundation is the Covergirl Natureluxe Silk Foundation. It’s extremely light weight with a really wonderful natural finish that doesn’t wear off.

We’ve never used the Tarte or the MUFE, but it’s always helpful to head to Sephora and ask an associate. They will give you their (usually honest) opinions on the products they’ve used and whether it will work for your skin. Sometimes they even give you a sample to take home and try out!

As for Revlon’s Colorstay, I’ve heard amazing things, but not finding a good match can be frustrating. One thing I can recommend is color mixing: buying two shades and blending them into your one perfect shade. I do this daily with my one shade too dark foundation and my mattifying moisturizer to get my perfect color!

No comments:

Post a Comment